Control is via a 17-inch multitouch screen inspired by familiar tablet technology, with a straightforward interface that uses established finger gestures to navigate the system. Summa’s considered control simplifies even complex workflow tasks, such as creating mix-minus feeds. Bluefin2 technology gives Summa a pool of 180 or 128 channel processing paths, eight groups, four mains, 16 auxes, and 32 tracks. Its Hydra2 router core provides Summa with the same integral router technology as the Apollo and Artemis consoles.
All Summa consoles feature:
- 6 x layers of faders.
- 6 x full bands of parametric EQ / filters on each channel, group and main path.
- 2 x compressor / limiters, 1 x expander / gate, and sidechain EQ / filters on each channel, group and main path.
- 4 x Main Outputs, 8 x Groups, 32 x Track Outputs, 16 x Aux Outputs.
- Auto Minus bus.
- Off Air Conference bus.
- Independent DSP, routing and control processing.
- An integral 4096 x 4096 router with up to 512 audio channels per Hydra2 port, fully integrable with any Hydra2 network.
- An extensive range of Hydra2 I/O available.
- Copper or fibre connectivity.
- Excellent green credentials; Low weight, power consumption and heat generation.